Just like we don vests, scarves and silk undergarments when the weather temps drop and the wind chill sets in, we need to add additional layers to the skin on our face for IT’S protection! Cold temperatures coagulate our skin’s oil before it can get to the surface and wind plus dry interior environments causes the water in our skin to evaporate. The loss of these which comprise the skin’s Hydro-Lipid Film that is part of our immune system, leaves the skin vulnerable to irritation, wind burns, rosacea break-outs and an uneven complexion. SO, put on some extra layers to avoid this.
Here is how (see my personal routine at the end):
- Avoid foaming cleansers that might strip too much oil away. Instead use creamy or oil cleansers this time of year face AND neck.
- When skin is still wet from cleaning apply a thin layer of a watery serum that’s purpose is to hydrate the skin over the whole face/neck. Let soak in.
- Apply a thick lotion or cream over this to the entire face/neck.
- In many cases the skin may need even more so spot apply a few drops of a good skin oil to the cheeks and forehead. Rosehip, sweet almond, argan…
- Wash in the AM with MeadowMilk Cleanser. Yum; aromatherapy.
- Wash in the PM with Emolulite Lipid Cleanser. Ah; soothing.
- AM face; Glow, then Fruit Cocktail or Comfort Creme, then argan oil over this. Make-up with natural oils and mineral powder with SPF.
- AM eyes; EyesTea then argan oil over.
- PM face; RefiningPLUS 11/12 serum over face/chest, TLBC vitamin C Concentrate over face/neck, heavy layer of Zena Creme over this.
- PM eyes; EyesTea, then Comfort Creme
- ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK; Lemon Honey Butter masque or Maple Jolt masque.
Your skin may need a different routine so if you need help please contact me!