My interest in skincare began in my teens when my own skin sensitivities could not be addressed with standard products or mainstream advice. This led me to research the cosmetic and natural remedy industry where I discovered that most products were either toxic or terribly congesting to the skin. I then began making my own pure, homemade kitchen concoctions to remedy my own skin, which has morphed over the years to my present day products and services that embrace the science & technology of modern skincare while adhering to the principles of holistic health.
– A pioneer in Holistic Cosmetic Dermaceuticals since 1970
– An industry leader in Paramedical Esthetics since 1980
– Founder of the California based Dom Ivana Skin Remedy Center and developer of Dom Ivana skincare products; sold business in 2002.
– Spa Consultant & trainer for multiple spas including Napa Valley 5-star Auberge du Soleil.
– Referenced in media; Aromatherapy Journal, Departure Magazine, San Francisco Chronicle, New Hampshire magazine, talk radio and others.
– Active clients across the United States
Jane, the aromatherapist
Some of my most joyful memories as a child were when I was in the trees or in the grass or roaming a garden. There is a reason for this: the aromas that plants emit affects the way we feel when absorbed into our bodies through our noses and skin. Native cultures knew this and used plants for medicine. Even now in our modern world, the importance of being in nature is recognized. (National Geographic Magazine, January 2016). Throughout my career as a Master Esthetician and Aromatherapist, I have used the essence of plants, known as essential oils, to guide my skin therapies and to enhance lifestyles with incredible results. (Read more about Aromatherapy below.)
– Featured in Aromatherapy Journal magazine as a national expert.
– Developed formulas that have replaced traditional medicines for the cure of conditions such as psoriasis, acne, rosacea and chronic dermatitus.
– Coached life-style improvements with the use of custom blended essential oils.
Jane, the colourist
Coming from a family of 3 generations of artists, I have always been aware of color. It is part of the filter through which I see the world. In the 1980’s when I began work as a make-up artist and Personal Color Analyst, it was only natural that my own perspective on color developed into a methodology which veered me away from the standardized 4-color seasonal theories. What I discovered instead was an astoundingly accurate method of categorizing color with 3 entirely separate wheels. This method, which I call The Triadic Color Theory System©, utilizes the Fibonacci Number Sequence and has held true for me all these years in both my customized make-up artistry and my textile artwork. (Read more below.)
– Make-up artistry for stage, video and film
– Color consultant for the architectural industry and interior design
– Taught theory to estheticians and artists
– Artwork hanging in corporations and homes across the United States
– Featured in media; magazines such as Yankee, New Hampshire and NH Home.
– Juried member of League of NH Craftsmen
– Featured in the film “A League of Our Own; New Hampshire and the American Craft Movement”