Some formerly sold as my Canterbury Shaker Remedies line and my original artist’s product, these are such winners that I cannot bear to part with them. I will continue to make and eventually sell these at janebalshaw.com.
Artist’s Cure Creme: A dense and soothing creme that heals and protects skin against chaffing, callousing, cracking, and scarring due to sun exposure, winter weather, diaper rash, general handiwork, and radiation treatment (doctor recommended!) Also ideal for cracked feet and cuticles, and as a pre-gardening treatment to prevent skin fissures. Designed originally as protection for my hands while painting!
- Directions: Apply a liberal amount to dry or slightly damp skin as needed. Download directions for skin care during oncology treatments here..
- Key ingredients: Calendula, aloe, Shea Butter, Sunflower Lecithin, Large Molecule Medical-Grade Cyclodimethicone
- 2oz.; recyclable glass and aluminum $22
Rose Geranium Foaming Wash: Inspired by 18th century Canterbury Shaker herbal remedies, this is a very gentle, all-purpose cleanser suitable for the face, body, and hair. Highly concentrated and self-foaming, this formula features rose geranium extract taken from my organic Canterbury gardens, known for its soothing and regenerative qualities. Ideal for all skin types.
- Directions: Pour from refill bottle into a self-foaming bottle. Pump into hand to dispense the foam. Massage onto skin. Rinse.
- Key ingredients: Rose Geranium Extract (organic, home-grown), Glycerine, Water, Polyglucose
- 8oz. concentrate refill bottle; recyclable glass and aluminum $30
- Self-Foaming bottles featuring my artwork $3.50
Herb and Mineral Masque: A DIY botanical powder that can be mixed with your own liquids from your cupboard to create a medicinal paste. Concentrated herbs and clays promote healing of cuts, rashes, bug bites, poison ivy, and acne.
To dry out and heal acne, poison ivy or bug bites: Mix one teaspoon of powder with 1/2 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide. Smooth mixture onto skin avoiding eye area and let dry. Splash off with warm water.
To sooth and heal rashes & irritations anywhere: Mix one teaspoon powder with 1/2 teaspoon of omega rich oil such as argan, avocado, olive or kukui, smooth onto skin and leave in place up to 30 minutes. Splash off with warm water without washing to leave the protection of the oil in place. Pat dry.
To exfoliate, deeply cleanse and renew facial skin: Mix one teaspoon powder with 1/2 teaspoon hot water. Let cool slightly. Smooth mixture onto skin avoiding eye area and let dry. Splash off with warm water. Follow with moisturizer.
- Key ingredients: French Green Clay, Bentonite, Arrowroot, Colloidal Oatmeal, Southernwood and Comfrey Leaf (organic, home-grown)
- 1/4lb. packaged in bio-degradable waxed paper $18
ROSE GERANIUM FOAMING WASH: Distilled water, tincture of rose geranium leaves from my organic Canterbury gardens (deep cleansing, brightening & purifying properties), kosher vegetable glycerin, polyglucose, sulfosuccinate, alpha olefin sulfonate, cocomidopropylamine, citric acid, gluconolactone, sodium Benzoate.
HERB AND MINERAL MASQUE: French green clay, arrowroot, colloidal oatmeal, bentonite, allantoin, southernwood & comfrey leaf from my organic Canterbury gardens, chlorella algae.
INGREDIENTS ARTISTS CURE CREME: Water – what cells need to stay plump, Shea butter – the anti-oxidant butter extracted from the fruit of the Karite tree; helps to smooth the skin & protect it from free-radical damage, Organic vegetable glycerin – skin softening sugar extract from vegetable oil, poly-sorbate 20 – a sugar fraction derived from plant material that helps bind oil and water together, beeswax – naturally skin softening & protective wax from honey combs, calendula – the essential oil extracted from the calendula flower that has a soothing and anti-inflamatory effect on the skin, cyclo-dimethicone – a synthesized inert silicone that soothes and forms a barrier on the skin to protect against chaffing, glyconolactone & sodium benzoate – food grades preservatives.