It’s a gift to be simple*.
All-in-one skin care remedies inspired by the Shaker herbal traditions.
The Shakers, or Shaking Quakers, were the most successful utopian society in American history. In 1792 their 7th community was formed in Canterbury, NH where they were entrepreneurial herbalists and practiced botanical medicine. Their site is an active museum today and is a source of inspiration for many naturalists, including myself.
These hand crafted formulas use local ingredients and herbs harvested from my organic gardens. Packaging is historically correct including the border artwork that was scanned from an original Canterbury Shaker product.
Rose Geranium Foaming Wash: Inspired by Shaker remedies, this is a very gentle, all-purpose cleanser suitable for the face, body, and hair. Highly concentrated and self-foaming, this formula features rose geranium extract, known for its soothing and regenerative qualities. Ideal for all skin types.
- Directions: Pump into hand to dispense the foam. Massage onto skin. Rinse.
- Key ingredients: Rose Geranium Extract (organic, home-grown), Glycerine, Water, Polyglucose
- 5oz. concentrate $24
Quince and Cranberry Hydration Lotion: Inspired by Shaker remedies, this is a simple, all-purpose lotion that soothes & deeply hydrates the face, hands & body. Suitable for most skin types as an everyday formula.
- Directions: Apply to face, neck, and chest as needed
- Key ingredients: Quince Seed Extract, Cranberry Oil, Oat Oil, Sweet Almond Oil
- 4oz. $30
Pumpkin Seed and Orange Lip Balm: A penetrating, non-waxy, and long lasting balm that soothes the skin and has the delightful, natural taste of orange.
- Directions: Apply as needed to dry lips.
- Key ingredients: Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Orange Peel Wax, Oils of Pumpkin Seed, Kukui Nut, and Vegetable
- .5oz. $14
Lavender and Bilberry Bath Fizz: A delightful powder that fizzes when dumped into water to relieve aching muscles and bones, and to soothe skin.
- Directions: Dump 2-4 T. into a full tub of warm water and soak body or feet.
- Key ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Oatmeal, Epsom Salt, Arrowroot, Lavender, Bilberry, Beet Root
- 1/3lb. $24
Herb and Mineral Masque: A DIY botanical powder that can be mixed with your own liquids to create a medicinal paste. Concentrated herbs and clays promote healing of cuts, rashes, bug bites, poison ivy, and acne.
- Directions: Mix with various liquids and oils from your cupboards to make a soothing poultice.
- Key ingredients: French Green Clay, Bentonite, Arrowroot, Colloidal Oatmeal, Southernwood and Comfrey Leaf (home-grown)
- 1/4lb. $24
*“It’s a gift to be simple”; lyrics taken from an 1848 Shaker song.
ROSE GERANIUM FOAMING WASH: Distilled water, tincture of rose geranium leaves from my organic Canterbury gardens (deep cleansing, brightening & purifying properties), kosher vegetable glycerin, polyglucose, sulfosuccinate, alpha olefin sulfonate, cocomidopropylamine, citric acid, gluconolactone, sodium Benzoate.
QUINCE AND CRANBERRY HYDRATION LOTION: mucilage from quince fruit seeds (soothing and hydrating properties similar to aloe), sweet almond oil, olive oil fractions (cetearyl olivate/sorbitan olivate), ECOCERT glyceryl stearate/cetearyl alcohol/ sodium stearyl lactylate, cranberry seed oil, (anti-oxidant, anti-aging), oat oil (soothing), gluconolactone, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate.
PUMPKIN SEED AND ORANGE LIP BALM: shea butter, vitamin E, oils of pumpkin seed, kukui nut and vegetable, orange peel wax, beeswax, sweet orange E.O.
LAVENDER AND BILBERRY BATH FIZZ: Sodium bicarbonate, colloidal oatmeal, citric acid, epsom salt, arrowroot, bilberry & beet root, & french lavender essential oil (healing & soothing.
HERB AND MINERAL MASQUE: French green clay, arrowroot, colloidal oatmeal, bentonite, allantoin, southernwood & comfrey leaf from my organic Canterbury gardens, chlorella algae.